Monday, January 01, 2007

We all actually made it to church yesterday. It is a christrian church very small. We stood out like a sore thumb. Everyone was very nice. Our neighbors were there which we didnt realize until after the service. It was 3 hours long. There was 45min of singing before he started his teachings. They had rooms for the kids to play in which I met the teachers and checked it out before I put the girls back there. AR decided she didnt want to go and she wanted to hang with us. She was great. QT we put back in the room after about 1/2 hour. She had lots of little friends to play (3 or 4). Which she usually only gets to play with AR so I thought she would have fun playing with the other kids. After about 20 min Asa and I saw QT running toward us. We were in the back so we were easily spotted by her. We were both stunned. Grandma and Granpap thought someone brought her out to us but I didnt think so because if there is a problem they flash your number. Asa brought her back to the room and they were just realizing she was missing and were looking for her. They were extremely apologetic. I guess what had happened is she went into the neighboring room and opened the door and took off. They told Asa no one had ever done that before.

I wasnt able to get the full story of what had gone down until we were in the car. Quinlyn had lots of fun in the room but I am obviously reluctant to leave her in there again. There are so many "what ifs" that could have happened. I am thankful nothing did happen.

2 comments:

Renae Gettman said...

Hi Sweetness!
I'm glad to hear that you had a great Christmas! Did you get the porcupine quill out of the dog? I bet it did hurt!!!
I've been snowed in at my house for three days. I was going nuts until my son came and dug me out. Then it snowed again!!! Dang.
This time I dug myself out of the garage, so I could get my car out. I bought a Firebird. Does NOT do well in the snow!!! :-) Happy New Year! Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Asa, Sara, Addison & Quilan,

Thank you for sending us the lovely Christmas card and the link to your blog. All of you look so happy and rightfully so. I have always known all of you to be optimists and that is always so great. You went to church! How cool. If we ever have any money we will surely make it up to see you. Will make an effort to. Have a great time and we love you.

lpkarich@yahoo.com