Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Saturday January 20, 2007

Asa and Steven spent most of the day shooting his guns. They first went out to shoot pigeons but there wasnt any around. We usually have so many in the Silo but not this morning. They then went out back in the field and drew targets on all of the junk back there and were shooting. I was surprised you couldnt here them in the house. They saw some birds fly over head and chased them down in the truck and shot some. They spent the rest of the day and most of the evening cleaning the guns.

Sunday January 21, 2007

We did chores around the barn. Asa walked the electric fence line for it wasn't working because snow had drifted onto it. He also loaded the truck with hay to give to the girl goats and boy goats. Asa throws the bails into the pens and the girls and I spread them around. Steven stayed inside to pack.

Asa left to bring Steven to the airport in SYR (Syracuse) at 12:40. The girls and I stayed home for Addisson had ice skating later in the afternoon. The girls both were very sad to see him go. We all were. The time he spent here went extremely quick. Steven has a great story about his trip to Chicago and he describes his first few days with the Prices. It sounds like his stay with them is the exact opposite of his here. It sounds like I want to go visit them. http://stevesusatrip.blogspot.com/index.html
He also has some great photos he took while in the US. I used his photos on my blog since I took mostly video.

When we parked at the ice skating rink Addisson told me "I am a little ticked at this ice skating business". I laughed and asked why. She said "because of all the falling". I told her that is how you learn to skate. I made sure she was still having fun with it and off we went. Addisson's skating went great. This is her third lesson and she did it all with out a walker. After the lesson she skated with the walker for about an hour. During that time she started doing spins then would catch herself with the walker. She wouldn't get of the ice and after about the fourth try I grabbed her walker and told her if she is going to stay on the ice she was going to do it with out the walker. And she did. She did fabulous. She skated up, down and across the ice and it was another 15 minutes of skating. We were so proud of her. We were all so excited for her and she loves it. I call her my little ice princess. She loves that.

1 comment:

Asa Reed Jr said...

You can tell Addisson that she is my Ice Princess as well. And Steven did take some good photos.

Love to all,