Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday January 2, 2006

It was a busy day today. Grandpap took AR to preschool and came back and was helping Asa outside. They spent the morning burning wood and loading insulation and drywall into a dumpster. I need to take pictures. We have two trailers on the property that were left. By trailers I mean mobile homes. One was added onto but wasnt quite as big as a double wide. They were in horrific shape. We couldnt believe there were people living in it up until two weeks before we closed on the Farm. We have had people stop by and ask to live in it and they would fix it up for us. A young kid in his twenties came by last week and asked if he could have some of the scrap metal around we have in the fields. We said sure. Less work and clean up for us. Especially because it was suppose to all have been cleaned up before we moved in. We asked him if he wanted the trailers and he said sure. Before we could say anything he was down at the trailer gutting it for scrap metal. We were expecting him to hawl the trailers away not gut them. He did a pretty good job and left most of it in a pile. It looks better already. It only took him a day to have everything out of it. All that is left now is the roof, base and deck around it. We needed to get rid of the trailers and we didnt have to do the demo work. Today was a gorgous day. It was in the high 40's. Asa and Grandpap had a bonfire going all day long. It was a big fire too. I stopped by when I picked AR from preschool and they were loading the tractor with drywall, insulation and any non wood items that wouldnt burn and dumping them in the dumpster we had delivered. We were going to throw all the wood in the dumpster too but there was so much of it we would have need 5 dumpsters.

After stopping by the trailer or demo site; I went back to the house to make sandwiches and got QT and Grandma and we headed back to the trailer for lunch. We had a picnic lunch in the back end of the truck. We even brought Woody some bones too. Once everyone was done eating Grandma took QT back to the house for a nap and AR and I stayed to help with the bonfire. It was alot of work but it was also fun to burn doors and windows and cabinets. Our last load of trash from the huge pile was taken away as the sun was setting. Our fire was a huge pile of redhot coals. The rats and Coyotes wont be cold tonight. I was standing by the deck of the trailer getting a drink of water and I saw out of the corner of my eye something run around me quickly. At first I thought it may have been Woody but he was on the other side of me. At first all I saw was brown but as my eye caught up with it I noticed it was a rat heading for the base of trailer. Yuck! I was amazed I didnt get squeamish or jump. My reaction was " oh there goes a rat, yup it is starting to get dark, that makes sense they are going home for the evening".

As we were packing up the truck for our picnic lunch, I needed a rake out of the goats barn. As I entered I saw several rats scurry away. All of the goats were out in the fields. I keep forgetting to buy rat traps. We dont want to put down poison because of the goats, cats and Woody. Plus with the girls we just dont want to chance it. I need to get the lock and key type. Thankfully we have not seen any rats in the house.

It was dark by the time we got back home. I didnt feel like cooking so we ordered wings and pizza to be delivered. The pizza isnt the best but the wings are pretty good. We all got showered up before dinner arrived. Once dinner was over we all sat in the living room and watched Anastasia. Everyone is in bed and I am up writing the blog of the days events.

Tomorrow Asa has a conference on carpeting in Syracuse. His parents were nice enough to watch the girls. We were going to take QT with us but they decided to have both of the girls to themselves. So while Asa is in the conference I will wonder around Syracuse and check into our hotel. It is a two day conference on carpets. I am sure he will learn alot about carpet but wow that will be boring.. We will be leaving tomorrow by 5am. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there but we will stop for coffee and drop of a car in Watertown for repairs. It will be a busy morning but I still have to pack tonight. I am always a last minute packer.

See you all in a few days. Thanks for reading.

No comments: