Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday January 21, 2007

It has been a while since I have written. I hope I can remember it all to keep you all posted on our life on the farm.

Friday January 5, 2007

I finished my sleep test. By Monday the doctor had the official results. They told me it would take 2 to 3 weeks. I guess they didn't want me to stop breathing for good in my sleep. They wanted to bring my sleep machine (bi pap) on Monday but I already had something scheduled. I got the machine on Wed. The first night with it I slept better than I had in months. I sleep for 4 hours in a row, and only got out of bed 2x during the night. Its been a week now and I am feeling less tired.

We finished ripping out the blue carpet in the blue room. It was a little bit of work but worth it. Once the carpet and pad was out we painted the floor white with Kilz. The paint job is nothing fancy, very rough but it does cover up the sub floor and makes the room feel so much cleaner. There was so much dirt under the carpet, it was gross. There were also many stains on the floor. The Kilz covered up most of the stains. In one corner we put down the kids' squishy mats down and their play rug on top of it. Then we moved the train table into the room and use it like a coffee table and the kids are playing with it so much more. They love it. In the corner with the mats we put their kitchen, grocery store, Vanity and baby doll carriage. They now have several places to play. In the train table there are two big drawers that slide under the table. One of the drawers in all of their baby dolls and accessories. The other is all of their Kitchen supplies ( food, dishes etc...). They are able to play with so many of their toys now that they have a better place to play. We also put set up a book shelf in our bedroom which is right off of the blue/living room. This has helped tremendously to keep all of their toys organized.

Thursday January 11, 2007

Steven arrived at the Watertown Airport. Asa was off so he went and picked him up with the girls while we organized the living room which I described in the above paragraph. It was great to see him. He hasn't changed too much since we saw him last. Other than his hair is much longer and he is more mature. A very nice young and intelligent man. Prior to his arrival we were describing him to Addisson. We told her he talks like a wiggle and really likes music, plays the guitar and has a good voice. We told her to ask him to sing a wiggles song and to ask him which wiggle is he. She got mad at us and totally defended him. She said "that's not very nice calling him names. He is my cousin!". Asa and I chuckled and agreed with her, but stated "Calling him a wiggle wasn't a bad thing it's a compliment". The girls really took to Steve while he was here.

Friday January 12, 2007
Addisson, Asa, Steven and I woke up early in the morning but didn't get on the road until 9 am. Quinlyn stayed at home with Grandma Reed. We pulled out of the driveway and about a mile down the road Asa realized he forgot his phone and so we turned around and went back to get it. When we were heading back to the house Addisson said" Dad are we going to Canada ... OR...NOT!" It had so much attitude it cracked us up. Then she says " Well are we Or NOT'. We then had to let her know she had too much tude in her tone of voice. We went over the border to Canada. At Border Patrol we handed the person our ID's and with Steven's they asked if we had a letter of permission for him to be traveling with us. They said it was required since he is not 18 but they would let us thru this time. We got on the 401 (Steven commented on being back in the land of the Metric System) and headed to the closest Starbucks which was in Kingston. We were glad to hear Steven liked Starbucks too. He even orders an impressive coffee drink. An Americano with Hazelnut. Grandpap Reed would be very proud! Addisson was very excited to have Starbucks too. She said"I haven't had in a long time I think I will have.....". Once in Starbucks the woman waiting on us asked what she could get us and Addisson spoke up and said "a small apple juice with ice and a straw". It was cute.

We continued our journey, Addisson watched Finding Nemo on the DVD player. She got scared with the shark scenes and wanted Steven to watch it with her. We made it to Niagara Falls by 3pm. The Canadian side is soooo much better. It was beautiful. Once we were there, we were sad we decided not to stay there that evening. There was so much to see. We also found out there are 3 indoor Water parks in Niagara. We will definitely go back sometime. It was 4pm when we had finished looking at the falls and we were told the lights came on at 5pm so we decided to wait. Soon it was 5:15 and no lights. Asa went and asked and they told him 5:30pm. We figured it was only 15 more minutes so we waited. Soon it was almost 6:00pm. Asa asked someone else when the lights come on and they told him 6:00pm. We decided to wait. I took Addisson back to the car because she was soaked from jumping and running thru the puddles at the falls viewing area. I got her changed and we waited until 6:20pm and decided to go get Starbucks and then come back. We all loaded into the car. Once we had Starbucks and drove back down by the Falls it was almost 7pm and the lights were actually on. At this point we had to drive back to Toronto and get our hotel so we just did a drive by.

While in Niagara we saw pictures of the Falls at the same time of year just heaped with ice. It was very pretty. While we were there the temp was 45 degrees F. In the flower beds the tulips and crocus were just starting to sprout thru the dirt. It was unusually warm for this time of year. It would be cool to go back and see the ice all over the rails from the mist, and ice on the river above and below the falls.

Addisson seemed to have a great time as did I. It was great watching her and Asa have some quality time together and goofing around while we waited for the lights to come on. The only issue we had is she loved to stand on the stone wall and look over the railing at the falls. She made me so nervous. We wouldn't let her up there by herself but she kept harassing me by trying to get up there and she kept asking "can i get up here, how about here". Its funny now but was annoying at the time.

We got back to the Toronto area about 8:30. I didn't have an address to the Hotel but I knew or I thought we were on the same street as the Eaton Center but I couldn't remember the name of the "Eaton Centre" or the name of the street. I knew were 10 blocks up from somewhere. After driving around for a bit and a phone call we found the Marriott. It was just the wrong one. I got directions to the correct one which was only over one street but back about 10 blocks ( how ironic). We got all checked in and got to our room about 9 or 930pm. Addisson had been sleeping in the car but now she was wired. I fell a sleep way before she did. I woke up at 12:30 and I had to scold her and tell her to go to sleep.

Its getting late and my fingers are getting tired from typing. I will continue tomorrow. Thanks again for reading.






2 comments:

Renae Gettman said...

Hi! I really like reading your commentaries, so keep them coming! The trip sounds like something that I would have loved to do. CANADA! Wow! That would be soooo cool. Let me know when you're planning on going again!

I have been taking MannaTech for two months now, and I can't believe how much better I feel! I have put off my back surgery, and my MS is totally under control. It's great!!!! Talk to you later. Love you much. Give the girls great big hugs for me.
Renae.

Asa Reed Jr said...

This trip to Canada sounds like a lot of fun. You all did very well on the game tickets. And be very carefull with my big helper around those falls!

Love to all