Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1, 2007

WOW 2007!

How was everyone's NEW YEAR and NEW YEAR's EVE. You know you are getting old when most of your friends dont stay up until Midnight. Everyone here left me hanging by myself at about 9pm. At least when we lived in CO we could make it until 10pm and say it is Midnight in NY. Now being in NY everyone just gave up and went to bed. I went to bed at 930pm and woke up at 1130pm but then went back to bed.

We didnt even do anything fun. I was hoping to at least play cards but that never happened. We had more fun tonight. We all watched Lady and the Tramp II after dinner. Everyone has left and gone to bed again at 9pm.

Our first day of 2007 was spent taking down the Christmas Tree. Asa and Grandpap worked outside for a while this morning fixing the electric fence. Asa said Woody zapped himself pretty good and start a goat stampede because he was howling so bad. Asa also zapped himself again. Asa said "Grandpap laughed so hard it would have been worth zapping myself again just to watch him laugh". It rained all last night and made a muddy mess but it was a very nice day out today. It made the 40's. The last few days it has been cold and in the 20's.

Asa listened to the Bronco game last night on his new short wave radio. One of the first football games he has been able to listen to all season. We dont have TV and the regular radio stations dont play many of the football games. They usually play baseball or hockey which is broadcasted in French. He was very disappointed and mad at the broncos for loosing in overtime. Everyone at his work knows he is a die hard Bronco fan and he pokes fun at all of the New England teams every chance he gets so when the Broncos loose he always hears about it. It has been nice for me not having him know the status of the Broncos all year because I didnt have to deal with his moods when they loose. Or hear him yell and scream at the TV.

I cant remeber if I wrote about QT going pee in the Toilet for the first time last night. I dont think I did. The girls have been using the portable toilet for potty training as a stage for the dancing in the living room. Last night QT wanted to be naked and kept saying potty. So I undressed her and after a few minutes she finally pee'd in the pot.
AR said "I taught her how to do that mom". I thought it was cute.

I have some good pictures from Christmas I will try to remeber to load from my camera. I will post them soon.



No comments: