Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday June 12, 2007

Addisson had preschool and it was her snack day. This is very important in a young girls life. It means she gets to be the helper that day at school. She loves to help. It was 90 today and very humid. I felt bad for the roofers up working. Yesterday I made them smoothies. They loved them. This afternoon I asked if they wanted any water and they asked if I had an more slushies. I said no but I can make you a smoothie if you want. They all said yes. The girls were happy I made them one.

Grandma Reed and Kistler arrived about 5:30pm. We had dinner and then Asa went out and watered all the animals. It was a very uneventful evening. Not like last night. It was about 9:30pm when grandma reed called me into her room and asked me if I saw the black thing running in with the goats. I couldn't see what it was. It may have been happy birthday but I couldn't really see. It was almost dark. I called Asa, who came out of the bedroom in shorts and a gun. I grabbed the light and we walked to the chicken coop where the goats had gone inside. We didn't see anything. At first I thought I had seen eyes glowing int he hay but it turned out to be lightening bugs. They were every where. We didn't see anything with the spot light and we didn't hear any mauling. Hopefully they are all alive tomorrow.


No comments: