Thursday, December 13, 2007

December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Aunt Kate and Aunt Midge.

The girls both have an advent calender, one from Starbucks. It is in the shape of a tree and each box has a chocolate piece inside. All but the 24th. It has a chocolate shaped star. This has been torturing Quinlyn for a week now. She keeps wanting to jump ahead and eat the star. Yesterday the phone rang and I wasn't paying too much attention while the calenders were out. Next thing I know she has eaten the star. She was so proud of herself for finally eating. She loved every minute of it. Not only did she eat the star she also ate another day. Today they were playing with the calenders again. This time they took all the chocolates out and were counting the days left until Christmas. A few of Quinlyns fell on the floor and before she could get a chance to pick them up Woody, the dog, scooped in and ate them. She was soooo disappointed. Although I wasn't sure if it was because Woody got them or because she didn't get the chocolate. She quickly got over it.

Today I went to Syracuse. While I was there it started to snow, it took me 4 hours to get home the roads were so bad. It usually only takes about an hour and a half. I saw at least 20 cars off the road total. Not all in the same spot. When I got home I went to the barn to feed the animals and one of the pregnant goats caught her head in the hay feeder. I tried to get her out but she was to heavy and strong to manipulate through the wire. At one point she was gagging for air. I must have pushed her in the wrong direction when I was trying to get her out. I ended up having to put a hay bale under her so she could stand on it until Asa got home. She was getting pretty exhausted trying to climb on the fence in order to not be in a strangle hold. Asa was able to get her out with only a little bit of difficulty. One of the ladies is about to drop kid anytime now. Her milk bag is getting big and she is bulging in the vaginal area. I haven't checked her manually but I probably should. I haven't ventured in that direction yet. I didn't see any discharge either. I told Addisson we will go check the barn for babies in the morning. She is enormous and will probably have twins she looks so big.

I was so late getting back from SYR the girls missed ice skating. I wasn't sure if they were having it anyway. The roads were so bad i wasn't sure I wanted to risk driving again with both girls. I figured I had made it home safely why take a chance. If there was skating they missed their rehearsal for their Christmas show. Although the skating instructor didn't decide to have their group perform until last week. This would have only been their 2nd time trying to learn the routine, which wasn't much but for a two year old to remember where they were suppose to go when the show is next week.

No comments: