Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 11, 2007
Asa and I spent the entire day in the barn shoveling goat poop. We were able to get the poop gutter moving. This allowed us to back the truck into the poop hole while we ran the gutter. I would back the truck up and he would direct me, then he would stand in the back of the truck shoveling the poop while I shoveled it into the gutter.
It took over 3 loads. Asa would stand in the back of the truck and shovel it out of the truck into the fields while I drove slowly. We don't have a manure spreader so we have to do it ourselves. But we were just glad we didn't have to wheel barrel it, like we did last year. On our last load I was filling the gutters with poop and Asa was waiting for me so he decided to back the truck up by himself. I said do you want to wait a minute so I can help you. He said no, "I am a man remember". He was just kidding but ironically when he was backing the truck up into the poop hole he went too far and hit the scooper and dented the back of the truck. OOOPS. But the goats are cleaner now. If only they would stop pooping. But if that happens they are dead and we don't want that.

December 12, 2007
Today we had a lady here from Cornell Univ. Extension. She stopped by to see if we needed any help with making a plan for the farm. While she was here we had a lady stop in to give us a quote on the floor of our new room. Asa works with her at Lowes and said she was good. She also had a number for a man who refinishes floors.

Last night the girls and I went out and made a huge snowman. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. It was taller than me. The girls had so much fun. But between the wind and it being above freezing last night it was tipped over this morning.

No comments: