Wednesday, September 06, 2006

FRIDAY September 1, 2006

Hunting Season! Unfortunately for Asa the were also notified. But great for us so we dont have to eat them. Asa went out by the pond before sunrise and set up his decoys and waiting until midmorning before returning to the house empty handed. Geese he had seen for weeks didnt show this morning. He was bummed. But he and Woody got to bond in the field. He has also gone out a few more times but no luck. The geese are teasing him because he can see them in the neighbors field but they wont fly over ours. At least when he is out there.

Grandpap arrived. Asa, Cheryl and the girls went to pick him up in Watertown. I was thrilled. I got several hours of alone time. I was able to do what ever I wanted. I opted to snuggle up with a blanket and read a book while I drank my vanilla latte I had made for myself. It was a very rejuvenating experience.

No comments: